[Bows] Double Double, Sunburn Trouble.

This past weekend, Stephanie and I took part in The Archers of Caledon outdoor tournament. We did a double 720 Saturday and a double 720 sunday. A double double 720! (Canadians will get it!)

It was very intense, the most arrows I've shot in a weekend so far, but thanks to our hard work and training over the last couple months, it went well, and I stayed strong and completed it. My scores are not where I'd like them to be, but thats ok.

Performance

I shot an average ~400 for each flight, and I'm proud of it, even if it's not where I want to be with my shooting. My focus for the weekend was really trusting my form, and committing mentally to the shots. I was getting good feeling shots, and thats really what I want to be getting out of my archery right now. From my last meeting with my coach, He suggested its time to start getting mental feedback on shots as well as the physical feedback. Paying attention to the mental state I have throughout the shot, from nocking my arrow, to the reset, and everything in between. There was plenty of bad shots over the weekend too, but nevermind those.  On sunday I really connected with some of my shots, and that feels really good, I recall one in particular, just everything about it was fantastic. I set, and felt really stable, addressed the target and felt focused and committed. Raising the bow and drawing it, I felt strong, and in control. As my sight settled and I felt my back work to expand through the clicker, I connected to the gold. Then the arrow sped off, my eyes locked on the gold, it was my whole universe for those couple seconds, and then I saw it, A extra spec of black appearing in that golden circle, confirming to me that I hit my mark. What a rush.

Weather

The weather over the weekend was optimal, to say the least, blue skies all day, not very humid, a calm breeze from time to time. There was a little bit of clouds sunday morning, and they were quite welcome, cutting the heat of the sun just a little bit. I was enjoying it a bit too much, and ended up with some minor sunburns, on my neck and forearms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Bows] Breaking past 500!

[Bows] - Second Archerversary - My journey (so far) (1/2)